If you are considering going on a diet to lose weight, why not try these simple steps below to burn extra calories every day? ;)
1. Laugh! That’s right, laughing is a great way to burn calories and have fun at the same time. In fact, laughing for just 15 minutes a day can burn 50 calories! That is the equivalent of 5 lbs a year. The easiest ways to laugh are hanging out with friends or watching TV. If you watch an hour long show every day and laugh for half of it, you can get rid of 10 lbs every year. Laughter is certainly number one on my list as it is easy to do and a lot of fun. Plus it allows your mind to stray from food.
2. Suck in your stomach! If you want to burn some calories and develop those abs you have always wanted, sucking in your stomach is the way to go. It is easy to do. While it may result in initial discomfort, sucking in your stomach does not have any harmful side effects, and you will get used to it in no time.
3. Take a cold shower! When I first heard that taking a cold shower was a good way to burn some extra calories, I did not believe it. However, after doing some research on various websites, I discovered that taking a cold shower does actually burn calories. Why? The answer is simple. Your body is constantly trying to keep about a 97-degree temperature (Fahrenheit). Therefore, it has to work extra hard to do this when you are cold. All this work results in the burning of calories and can certainly aid in your weight loss effort.
4. Skip stairs! This is something that is easy and very effective. When walking up the stairs, just step on every other one, skipping the one between. This strengthens many muscles in your legs and burns many calories as well. If you walk up stairs a lot, you should definitely try this.
5. Drink a glass of cold water! Before you go walking somewhere, drink up a glass of nice, cold water. Just like taking a cold shower, the cold water forces your body to warm up burning calories all the while.
6. Shake your legs! This one is a little strange, but works very well. While you are stationary (in an office chair, at home, etc.), try shaking your legs. This simple and easy exercise will have you burning 100s of extra calories every day. In fact, if you do it every day you will stop noticing that you are even doing it.
7. Stand on your tiptoes. While in the shower, brushing your teeth, or combing your hair, try standing on your tiptoes. This will burn a lot of calories if you do it daily.
8. Sleep a lot! The more you sleep, the more you burn. If you have nothing to do and are feeling a little drowsy, then take a nap. When you wake up, you will feel great, and you will burn up to 50% more calories. Plus, sleeping is very good for your heart and can dramatically reduce the risk of heart disease.
9. Chew gum! Go buy some sugar-free gum and begin chewing. This will burn about 10 calories an hour and will strengthen your jaw. Plus, it will leave your breath smelling minty fresh!
10. Drink green tea! Drinking green tea increases your metabolism, again meaning you will burn a lot more calories every day.
11. Fidget! Fidgeting really helps to burn calories because you’re moving muscles all day long. The number of calories you burn depends on the speed and duration of your foot tapping, as well as on your weight and age, but I’d venture to guess that fidgeting burns about 120 calories an hour, the same as writing while sitting at a desk.
12. Eat spicy food! Yes, the heat actually makes you burn off calories! Eating spicy food can kick-start your metabolism and leave you with a healthy glow. Try a dish made with chili pepper or mustard seed, both of which contain a calorie burning compound called capsaicin.
If you just follow these 12 simple steps they will become habits. You won’t even realize that you are doing it, and you will be burning extra calories every day. Good luck if you’re considering trying these methods! :D
Original Source: Hubpages